News From the BDO AGM - Olly Croft Removed from BDO Board!
The BDO AGM was today – and as predicted in my recent articles where I published a challenge to the BDO management and the sadly backwards looking response from Olly Croft OBE, the BDO Board has been completely re-shaped. (Sources include Lancashire County who tweeted during the board meeting, and now confirmed by some well trusted BDO members who were at the AGM). Update: official BDO website confirms the changes.
Dave Alderman (Chairman of BDO) does not stand for re-election…
Olly Croft voted off the board of the BDO, ending his long control of the darts organisation.
New BDO board elected;
- Barry Gilbey (new Chairman)
- Sue Getty
- Martin Adams
- Derek Weston
- Wayne Williams
- Vic Sexton also stays on.
Other rumours doing the rounds;
- It has been alleged that BICC sponsorship money is missing and unaccounted for (this has been repeated by several people on darts forums) – UPDATE: The money isn’t “missing” according to the outgoing board – they promised to present validated accounts at the November meeting
- Olly Croft has threatened to cancel Lakeside and the Masters (which he cannot do?).
- Olly was the only outgoing director who was less than gracious – and were heard muttering that he gave the BDO “6 months” without him at the helm